TJX Ireland Unlimited Company (trading as TK Maxx and Homesense), is registered in Ireland under registration number 316341, with a registered office of 12 Northbrook Road, Ranelagh, Dublin 6. TJX Ireland Unlimited Company is a subsidiary of TJX UK, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 3094828 and whose registered office is at 50 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1TX
You may use the website only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which include complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within the UK and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the site.
In using the site you agree that you:
- will provide true, accurate, current, complete and non misleading information on any registration form or as otherwise reasonably requested by TJX UK
- will not disclose any unauthorised, false or fraudulent details
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any information on or via the website which is or may be harmful, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, harmful, tortuous, racist or otherwise illegal or offensive
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any materials that infringe the proprietary rights of any third party including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy
- If you are provided with a User ID, password or other information as part of our procedures it is your responsibility to treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. TJX reserves the right to disable any User ID or password either chosen by you or allocated by TJX in the event that TJX believe you may have failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- You are responsible for your method of access to this website. You are also responsible to ensure that all persons accessing this website through your internet connection are aware and in compliance with their Terms and Conditions.
- TJX UK will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary materialdue to your use of this website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Terms under which this website is provided
Access to this site is provided on a temporary basis and we reserve the right at any time to
- withdraw or amend the service without notice
- to withdraw access to some or all of the site
- to suspend some or all of the services offered
- remove goods , featured jobs or promotions from the site
- cancel your registration and/or account without prior notice
- report any breach under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them
Republic of Ireland TK Maxx Gift Card Terms & Conditions
Gift cards for use in TK Maxx and/or Homesense Republic of Ireland can be purchased in both TK Maxx and Homesense stores in the Republic of Ireland, at selected third party retail stores in the Republic of Ireland, and online at www.tkmaxx.ie.TK Maxx and/or Homesense Republic of Ireland gift cards, eGift cards or digital gift cards can be purchased from selected third party retailers.
Terms and Conditions of use
1. TK Maxx/Homesense Republic of Ireland gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards can only be used at any TK Maxx or Homesense store in the Republic of Ireland. You may only redeem your TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card in Euros.
2. There are two types of gift card that could be issued to you: (a) an open value gift card; and (b) a specified value gift card. An open value gift card remains open and further amounts can be added to it from time to time so that at any one time the maximum credit value that can be registered on that gift card could be €999.99. A specified value card has a fixed amount of credit applied to it when it is purchased and further amounts of credit cannot be added once it has been purchased. You can ask in store what type of gift card, eGift card or digital gift card you hold if you are not sure.
3. TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards can only be used for the purchase of merchandise in TK Maxx and/or Homesense and cannot be used to purchase other TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards. TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards cannot be returned or exchanged for cash at TK Maxx and/or Homesense.
4. As of 1st December 2019, there will be no limit on the number of TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards that you are permitted to redeem in a single transaction in the Republic of Ireland.
5. You should treat your TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card as cash; you are solely responsible for its security. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards will not be replaced. The TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
6. Purchases made with a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card will be deducted from the balance of the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card (as applicable) until the balance reaches zero credit (€0.00). No change can be given for purchases where the value of the goods bought is less than the value of credit on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card. Any remaining balance will be updated after each transaction and will stay on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card for future purchases. If the purchase price of the goods exceeds the amount of credit on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card, the remaining cost of the goods to be purchased can be settled via another accepted payment method.
7. TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift card or digital gift card have no expiry date.
9. The cost of anything you buy with the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card and return to store (in accordance with the TK Maxx and Homesense Returns Policy) will be refunded to a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card. If you made your purchase using an eGift card or digital gift card you will receive a new TK Maxx/ Homesense gift card with a credit value equal to the value of the goods that you are returning. This does not affect your statutory rights. See full details of our Returns Policy by clicking here.
10. The funds on a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, or eGift card, or digital gift card are not covered by any financial services compensation schemes in the Republic of Ireland.
11. We may amend the terms and conditions of the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, or eGift card, or digital gift card from time to time where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so. This does not affect your legal rights.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Gift Cards purchased online
For full terms and conditions for TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards purchased online, please see our gift card order page.
For full terms and conditions for TK Maxx/Homesense e-gift cards purchased online,
Linking to this web site
You may link to this website according to the following guidelines. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice if we believe these guidelines are not followed.
- The link must be done in a way that is fair and legal and neither damages nor takes advantage of our reputation
- The link must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- The website must not be framed on any other site.
- The link must be made to the home page only.
Links to other websites
Our website may also contain links to other sites operated by TJX UK. We advise you to review the legal, privacy and security information for each such site to which you link as the terms and conditions and privacy policies may vary slightly from site to site.
Except as otherwise expressly noted, all images, illustrations, designs (including product designs), graphics, icons, photographs, text, audio clips, video clips and other materials that appear as part of the website as well as the selection, arrangement and organisation of the foregoing and the website as a whole (collectively "Content") are subject to copyright, trade mark, service mark, trade dress and/or other intellectual property rights or licences and rights of publicity and privacy, all worldwide rights, titles and interest in and to which are owned by, licensed or which may otherwise be used by TJX UK, TK Maxx, HomeSense or our suppliers. All software used on this website is the property of TJX UK, its suppliers or third party suppliers as applicable and is protected by UK and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Guidelines for use
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the website
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the website must always be acknowledged
- You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made.
Submission and uploading material to our website
Such disclosure, submission or offer of Submissions and your agreement to these Terms and Conditions shall constitute an assignment to TJX UK of any intellectual property rights.
You warrant that any Submissions comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. As such TJX UK will own exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall have the right to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, disclose, publish, distribute, display and publicly perform, any Submissions and not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise of any Submissions.
Further, TJX shall be under no obligation to maintain any Submissions in confidence, pay to users any compensation or royalties for any Submissions or provide attribution to any users for any Submissions. TJX UK shall have no obligation to keep confidential, use, return or review any Submissions.
TJX will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other use of the website.
Disclaimer of Liability
The website, its content, any material displayed on this website, any information available on or through this website and the software is provide "as is" and "as available" and without any guarantees, conditions or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to its accuracy to the fullest extent permitted pursuant to applicable laws.
Unless expressly stated to the contrary, to the fullest extent permitted by law, TK Maxx and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers will not be liable in contract, tort, (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings) or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection to this website or the linked sites and any materials posted thereon
TJX UK does not represent or warrant that your use of the website, or the operation or function of the website or any services offered in connection with the website will be uninterrupted or error free; that defects on the website will be corrected; or that the website or its server or any links are free of viruses or other harmful elements. TJX UK makes no representations or warranty that the website, materials, software or any product offered or purchased through the website is applicable or appropriate for use or access in locations outside the United Kingdom.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit TJX UK's liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TJX UK's directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and affiliates, from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this website or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
TJX UK shall have the right in our absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the service and/or any page of this website.
If any part of the Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected. All other terms will remain in full force and effect. So far as possible where any term or part of a term can be severed or removed to render the remaining part valid, the term shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the term shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely ressembles the original meaning of the term as is permitted by law.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, TJX UK will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and, in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
The above Terms and Conditions, the Returns Policy and any emails regarding the services TJX UK provides constitute the entire agreement of the parties (TJX UK and the customer) and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and TJX UK. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of TJX UK.
How do I return something I bought in store?
Merchandise must be unused and in its original condition including packaging and labelling
Pierced jewellery and gift cards are excluded from our returns policy
If you paid by credit or debit card any refund will be to the original card you used to purchase
If you paid by gift card, the refund will go on to another gift card
Gift receipts can be used to return an item for exchange or gift card but not refund
HomeSense items cannot be returned to TKMaxx stores and must be returned to HomeSense stores only
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Sometimes we have to refuse a refund or exchange usually because the item is outside the return period or is not in its original condition. Make sure you follow all the above to avoid any embarrassment.
Promoter: TJX Ireland UC, 12 Northbrook Road, Ranelagh, Dublin 6, Ireland
- This Promotion is open to anyone who is at least 18 years old and a resident of the Republic of Ireland, excluding employees of the Promoter, their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse & life partners), its representatives as well as anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
- No purchase necessary, but a valid Instagram account and internet access are required.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 15.00 IST on the 26 April 2021 and 23.59 IST on 03 May 2021 (inclusive).
- To Enter:
Log into your Instagram account (or create one for free) and then upload a story using #faveTKfind and tagging @tkmaxxie showing your favourite treasure from TK Maxx.
- You must keep your profile on a public setting for a period of two months after the end of the Promotion Period in order to be contacted if you are selected as a winner.
- Maximum one entry per social media account. Maximum one Prize per person.
- Entries should not include any identifiable individuals and then you should only upload an entry in which the copyright of the image taken is owned by the entrant.
- By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their entries to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year from the date of entry for promotion purposes. Copyright will remain with the entrant. However, by entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter publishing these entries on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms. They also agree to other promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any further payment, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year from the date of entry but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a non-revocable, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use the copyright and other intellectual property rights vesting in their entry for all purposes connected with this Promotion, including but not limited to display on the Promoter’s website and any other website of the Promoter or its agents/contractors choosing, and on their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms, and use of the entry, or part(s) of the entry, in marketing materials relating to this Promotion for up to one year. Each entrant also grants the Promoter and its agents/contractors the right to moderate, modify any entry or remove any entry if it is deemed unsuitable, in whole or in part, for display on the Promotion website or in any materials relating to the Promotion. Entrants hereby represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to grant the licence and rights provided for in this paragraph and that all materials forming part of their entry to this Promotion, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
- The Prizes: There will be a total of 10 x winners. Winners will each win 1 x €50 TK Maxx Gift Card.
- Further Prize Details and Conditions:
- TK Maxx Gift Cards are subject to their own terms and conditions which may be viewed here: https://www.tkmaxx.ie/terms-and-conditions#Gift%20Cards.
- The TK Maxx Gift Cards can be redeemed in any TK Maxx and/or Homesense store in the Republic of Ireland.
- No refund or payment will be given if the full value of the TK Maxx Gift Card is not redeemed.
- Winner Selection: 7 winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The prize draw will be conducted by an independent party within 3 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
- Winner Notification: The winners will be notified by private message via the social media account used on entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prizes and to arrange delivery of their prize, within 10 working days of initial contact. If a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 10 working days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 20 working days of Prize Acceptance, the winner will have a further 20 working days to inform the Promoter by emailing email@example.com. If the winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
- You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during Winner Notification. Provided no objection is received, if you are a winner, your user name will be reshared as an Instagram story and thereafter your surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org two months after the close of the Promotion.
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
- Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
- are deemed to be offensive, e.g. pornographic in nature, or may negatively impact the name, reputation or good will of the Promoter or its brands;
- include identifiable individuals;
- include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by the entrant or used without the prior written consent of the rights holder, other than any branding which may appear on your treasure from TK Maxx;
- disparage, misrepresent or insult other persons or companies, including the organiser (and its partners);
- reflect a political opinion;
- are in breach of the Terms and Conditions.
- If you submit an entry that includes material the rights in which are owned by a third party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright and trade marks, you will be responsible for any legal action that party may take against you. Entrants shall indemnify and hold the Promoter and their respective affiliates, directors, agents, or other partners (“the Indemnities”) harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and expenses brought or asserted by a third party against any of the Indemnities arising as a result of the Promoter’s use of the entrant’s submission including but not limited to any breach of third party intellectual property rights.
- The Promoter may request that the winners participate in publicity arising from the Promotion. The winners are under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
- Bulk entries made by retailers, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries made by or about third parties or associations, entries made by macros or other automated means, and entries that do not fully comply with the requirements of these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified and will not be counted. If an entrant is found to be using computers to circumvent these terms and conditions, for example, using "scripts" or "brute force", disguising their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using an identity other than their own, or using any other automated means to increase that entrant's entries in the Prize Draw in a manner inconsistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that entrant's entry will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be voided.
- The Promoter assumes no liability to the winner for loss or damage of any kind (whether in contract, tort, legal obligation or otherwise) arising from or in connection with the Promotion and the prize. This does not apply to damages resulting from death, personal injury caused by negligence or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of the Promotor.
- The Promoter and their representatives are not responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or other reasons. Proof of submission of the entry is not proof of receipt of the entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system failures or other problems resulting in lost, late or non-received entries or notifications to the winner.
- The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prize has been awarded.
- By participating in the Promotion, entrants confirm that they have read and accept these conditions of participation. A violation of these conditions of participation by the participant can lead to a withdrawal of the prize.
- In the event that the Promotion does not proceed as planned due to, for example, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause that may incriminate or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or any delay in performing its obligations within these terms and conditions which is caused by an act, omission, event or circumstance outside of its reasonable control including (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God, or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
- This Promotion is not affiliated with Instagram and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or organised by Instagram. You understand that you provide your information to the Promoter and not to Instagram and that Instagram assumes no liability for any component of this Promotion.
- If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by Irish law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland.