Last Updated: 20th October 2016
TK Maxx is owned and operated by TJX Europe, a subsidiary of The TJX Companies Inc.
TJX Ireland Unlimited Company Registered Office: Segrave House, 19-20, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, Ireland. Vat Reg, IE6336341E Co. No. 316341
The Terms and Conditions may be changed or updated by TJX from time to time and without prior notice. We will indicate at the top of the Terms and Conditions the date on which they were last updated and any use of the site following such a change assumes acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
General Terms and Conditions
You may use the website only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which include complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within the UK and Ireland and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the site.
In using the site you agree that you:
- will provide true, accurate, current, complete and non misleading information on any registration form or as otherwise reasonably requested by TJX
- will not disclose any unauthorised, false or fraudulent details
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any information on or via the website which is or may be harmful, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, harmful, tortuous, racist or otherwise illegal or offensive
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any materials that infringe the proprietary rights of any third party including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy
If you are provided with a User ID, password or other information as part of our procedures it is your responsibility to treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. TJX reserves the right to disable any User ID or password either chosen by you or allocated by TJX in the event that TJX believe you may have failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
You are responsible for your method of access to this website. You are also responsible to ensure that all persons accessing this website through your internet connection are aware and in compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
TJX will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Terms Under which this website is provided
Access to this site is provided on a temporary basis and we reserve the right at any time to
- withdraw or amend the service without notice
- to withdraw access to some or all of the site
- to suspend some or all of the services offered
- remove goods, featured jobs or promotions from the site
- cancel your registration and/or account without prior notice
- report any breach under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them
Gift cards can be purchased in store and online for TKMaxx.
Terms and Conditions of use
1. TK Maxx gift cards can be used in TK Maxx stores. A gift card can only be used in the country in which it was purchased.
2. There are two types of gift card. An open value gift card remains open and further amounts can be added to it at any time up to a maximum value of €999.99. A specified value gift card has a fixed amount when purchased and further amounts cannot be added. Ask in store if you are not sure which gift card you have.
3. Gift cards can only be used for the purchase of merchandise. No more than five gift cards can be used in one transaction. Gift cards purchased in store cannot be returned or exchanged for cash.
5. The holder of the gift card is responsible for its security. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards will not be replaced.
4. The holder of the gift card is responsible for its security. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards will not be replaced.
5. Purchases made with a gift card will be deducted from the balance until it reaches zero. No change will be given, so the remaining balance will stay on the gift card and can be spent on future purchases. If the purchase price exceeds the amount available to spend on the gift card, the remaining balance can be settled via another accepted payment method. You can check your balance in store or online at www.tkmaxx.ie
6. The cost of anything you buy with a gift card and return to store in accordance with the TK Maxx Returns Policy will be refunded to a gift card. This does not affect your statutory rights. See full details of our Returns Policy by clicking here.
7. The funds on your gift card are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation scheme.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Gift Cards purchased online
For full terms and conditions for gift cards purchased online please see our gift card order page
Terms Governing Web Content and its Use
Linking to this website
You may link to this website according to the following guidelines. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice if we believe these guidelines are not followed.
- The link must be done in a way that is fair and legal and neither damages nor takes advantage of our reputation
- The link must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- The website must not be framed on any other site.
- The link must be made to the home page only.
Links to other websites
Our website may also contain links to other sites operated by TJX. We advise you to review the legal, privacy and security information for each such site to which you link as the terms and conditions and privacy policies may vary slightly from site to site.
Copyright, TradeMark and other Intellectual Property Rights
Except as otherwise expressly noted, all images, illustrations, designs (including product designs), graphics, icons, photographs, text, audio clips, video clips and other materials that appear as part of the website as well as the selection, arrangement and organisation of the foregoing and the website as a whole (collectively "Content") are subject to copyright, trade mark, service mark, trade dress and/or other intellectual property rights or licences and rights of publicity and privacy, all worldwide rights, titles and interest in and to which are owned by, licensed or which may otherwise be used by TJX, TK Maxx, HomeSense or our suppliers. All software used on this website is the property of TJX, its suppliers or third party suppliers as applicable and is protected by UK and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Guidelines for use
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the website
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the website must always be acknowledged
You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors
If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made
Submission and Uploading Material for our website
You warrant that any Submissions comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. As such TJX will own exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall have the right to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, disclose, publish, distribute, display and publicly perform, any Submissions and not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise of any Submissions. Further, TK Maxx shall be under no obligation to maintain any Submissions in confidence, pay to users any compensation or royalties for any Submissions or provide attribution to any users for any Submissions. TJX shall have no obligation to keep confidential, use, return or review any Submissions.
TK Maxx will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other use of the website.
Disclaimer of Liability
The website, its content, any material displayed on this website, any information available on or through this website and the software is provide "as is" and "as available" and without any guarantees, conditions or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to its accuracy to the fullest extent permitted pursuant to applicable laws.
Unless expressly stated to the contrary, to the fullest extent permitted by law, TK Maxx and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers will not be liable in contract, tort, (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings) or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection to this website or the linked sites and any materials posted thereon
TJX Europe does not represent or warrant that your use of the website, or the operation or function of the website or any services offered in connection with the website will be uninterrupted or error free; that defects on the website will be corrected; or that the website or its server or any links are free of viruses or other harmful elements. TJX makes no representations or warranty that the website, materials, software or any product offered or purchased through the website is applicable or appropriate for use or access in locations outside the United Kingdom.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit TJX Europe's liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TJX Europe's directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and affiliates, from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this website or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
TJX Europe shall have the right in our absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the service and/or any page of this website.
If any part of the Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected. All other terms will remain in full force and effect. So far as possible where any term or part of a term can be severed or removed to render the remaining part valid, the term shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the term shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the term as is permitted by law.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, TJX will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction These Terms and Conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and, in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
The above Terms and Conditions, the Returns Policy and any emails regarding the services TJX provides constitute the entire agreement of the parties (TJX and the customer) and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and TJX. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of TJX.
TK MAXX CHRISTMAS SOCKS DAY
1.1 We’re all very excited about TK Maxx’s Xmas Sock Day. To make sure everyone understands how to get involved, here are the terms and conditions (Terms) that apply to anyone that wishes to take part on the big day with our social media charity campaign (Campaign). Please read these Terms carefully - if you do not agree with them, you should not participate. Please note that by participating in the Campaign you are consenting to the processing of your personal data as set out under section 4 below.
1.2 If you‘d like to have a copy of these terms, you’re welcome to print them or to request a copy by post, by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to the address at the end of these Terms.
2 HOW TO GET INVOLVED
2.1 We’re inviting everyone to post a photo of themselves between 2.00pm on 24 November 2016 and 11.59pm on 10 December 2016 wearing their favourite festive socks on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. On Facebook you will need to post your photo in the comments box under our Campaign promotional post.
2.2 We’re hoping you can help us raise €5,000 for Enable Ireland. For each participant that posts a photo of themselves wearing their favourite festive socks to Our Social Pages between 2.00pm on 24 November 2016 and 11.59pm on 10 December 2016, we’ll make sure €1 Euro is donated to Enable Ireland, up to a maximum of €5,000 Euro. If we reach €5,000 Euro before 11.59pm on 10 December 2016 you can still post your photos on our Social Pages but we will no longer be donating €1 Euro for each post to Enable Ireland. Please visit http://www.tkmaxx.ie/our-responsibilities/community/enable-ireland to find out more about the great work Enable Ireland are doing.
3 DO’S AND DON’TS
3.1 This Campaign is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland. You must be 16 years or older to take part in our Campaign.
3.2 Your posts should include a photo of you wearing festive socks (preferably from our fantastic range, but any festive socks will do!) together with the following hashtags and tags: #socksie #EnableIreland @TKMaxxIE (Facebook) @TKMaxx_IE (Twitter) or @TKMaxx (Instagram)
3.3 Your posts should not include:
- anything unlawful, obscene, defamatory, abusive, invasive of someone’s privacy or any nudity or swearing - in short, be nice!
- material that infringes another person’s intellectual property or other rights or that includes adverts, photos of celebrities or another company’s trade marks or logos – if in doubt, please don’t post it.
- photos of anyone other than you unless they’re 16 years of age or older and you’ve obtained their permission before posting.
3.4 You’re welcome to post different photos but donations will only be made for your first photo (up to the maximum). Also, please don’t spam our Social Pages by posting photos more than once or from different accounts or use macros or other automated means.
3.5 You’ll need to make sure you comply with the terms of the relevant social media site that you’re posting on and if you did not take the photo yourself, please check with the person that did to make sure they’re fine with you posting it and using them in the ways described below in paragraph 5.
4 YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.3 You have a right to access your personal information held by us or to request that we cease to use such information. Any request for this should be made in writing using the contact details at the end of these Terms and a small fee will be charged for providing the requested information.
4.4 All personal and other information relating to participants will be retained by us for a reasonable period after the Campaign ends for auditing and legal reasons and to deal with any queries relating to the Campaign.
5 OUR RIGHT TO USE YOUR POSTS
5. By making a post to our Social Media Pages and using the #socksie, #EnableIreland and #TKMaxx hashtags you are giving to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, non-terminable and free permission (including the right to sub-license that permission) to use any material in your posts (Your Content) for any commercial or non-commercial purposes for up to two years, including:
- to make Your Content available through Our Social Pages to other users of those services.
- to include Your Content in our marketing campaigns and adverts whether online (such as on our website, apps, other online services and platforms, in emails including newsletters or further posts via Our Social Pages) or offline (such as in printed material or via TV or other broadcasts). Whilst we are not obliged to do so, we reserve the right to contact you (e.g. via your social media account) before making any use of Your Content in adverts or marketing campaigns.
- to modify Your Content before or after its publication. For example, we may resize, crop, reformat, convert or re-encode your photos or combine all or part of Your Content with ours or that of our licensors (including content created by other users e.g. by creating a collage).
5.2 You agree that we do not have to provide you with a credit for Your Content and irrevocably and unconditionally waive any moral or similar rights you have in your posts. You permit us and third parties we authorise to use your image, likeness, actions and statements in the ways described in this paragraph 5.
5.3 You promise that you have all the rights and permissions that you need to post Your Content to Our Social Pages and that you have obtained waivers and permissions for any person that appears in that content to allow us to use it in the ways described in this paragraph 5.
6 OUR RIGHT TO REMOVE YOUR POSTS
6.1 You agree that we are allowed to remove any photos you post from Our Social Pages for any reason including if you break these Terms.
7 CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
7.1 We may modify, suspend or terminate the Campaign (e.g. extend or change the period during which it runs) or make any other changes to the Campaign or these Terms but only in the event of circumstances arising that are outside of our reasonable control.
7.2 Where reasonably possible, we will notify you of such changes in advance or at the time we make such changes by posting amended Terms on this page and/or via a post to our Social Pages.
8 LEGAL AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
8.1 We cannot be responsible for posts lost or delayed or as a result of any network computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
8.2 To the extent permitted by law, we also cannot be responsible for any damage, loss or injury you may suffer by entering the Campaign.
8.3 TJX Ireland Unlimited Company is the promoter of the TK Maxx Xmas Sock Day Campaign. TJX Ireland Unlimited Company is an unlimited private company incorporated in Ireland under company registration number 316341and whose registered office and correspondence address is: First Floor, Segrave House, 19/20 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 EN84, Ireland.
8.4 Our Xmas Socks Day Campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing information to us and not to those service providers and they shall have no liability to you for our Campaign. By participating with our Campaign, you release Twitter, Facebook and Instagram from any obligations relating to it.
8.5 If you have any queries or complaints about the Campaign or would like to know the current amount donated to Enable Ireland at any point in time during the Campaign, please contact us at the above address or by email at Corporate_Responsibility@tjxeurope.com.
8.6 By participating, you confirm that you have read and agree to these Terms.
8.7 These Terms are governed by Irish law and any disputes will be exclusively dealt with by the courts of Ireland.
SUMMARY TERMS & CONDITIONS
UK, ROI, DE, AT, PL and NL. 16+ only. No purchase necessary. To enter: Watch TK Maxx’s Snapchat story between 14:30 on 21/12/16 and 14:30 on 22/12/16 and screenshot the hidden flamingo decoration, sending the screenshot to @tk.maxx. Prizes: 2 x £50 (or € equivalent) TK Maxx Gift Card. Promoter: TJX Europe, 50 Clarendon Road, Watford WD17 1TX.
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. This Promotion is only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Germany, Austria, Poland and The Netherlands aged 16 or over, excluding employees of TJX Europe, their family, and any other person associated with this Promotion.
2. Promotion Period: Enter between 14:30 GMT on 21st December 2016 and 14:30 GMT on 22nd December 2016.
3. No purchase necessary.
4. To Enter:
a) Log on to your Snapchat account (or create one for free) and add @TK.Maxx to your friends list.
b) Watch TK Maxx’s Snapchat story during the Promotion Period and (screenshot the flamingo decoration each time you see it to be entered into the Prize draw.) screenshot the flamingo decoration when you see it and send the screenshot to @tk.maxx. The flamingo will be shown a total of 4 times.
5. The Prizes: Two winners will each win 1 x £50 (or nearest local currency equivalent) TK Maxx Gift Card.
6. Maximum of four entries per person during the Promotion Period.
7. The TK Maxx Gift Cards are subject to their own terms and conditions, see: http://www.tkmaxx.com/terms-and-conditions/page/terms.
8. No cash or other alternative in part or full will be offered in lieu of the specified Prize. The Prize is not transferable.
9. Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of the Prize from the date of winner confirmation.
10. Winner Selection: Maximum of 30 entrants per prize draw. All valid entries made during the Promotion Period will be entered into the Prize Draw to be conducted within 5 working days of the closing date and, for your total confidence, by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service.
11. Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted via a direct message on Snapchat within 5 working days of the draw and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility, a valid email address and acceptance of the prize within 14 days of initial contact. In the event a winner does not respond to communications within the 14 days of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that prize to an alternate winner selected in the same manner.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize, of equal value, should the advertised prize become unavailable for reasons beyond their control
13. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which us beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
14. The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of the Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to lost, delayed or not received entries or winner notifications.
15. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting any Prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
16. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
17. For the names and countries of the winners please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after 21st January 2017 for a period of one month.
19. Entry into the Promotion is on the understanding and the acceptance of these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in a Prize being forfeited.
20. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity associated with this Promotion.
21. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding on all matters. Correspondence will not be entered into.
23. This Promotion is governed by the English Law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: TJX Europe, 50 Clarendon Road, Watford WD17 1TX.